Nuffnang

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gaile Lok gains 11 pounds and prepares to be a mother in the coming year


Gaile Lok gains 11 pounds and prepares to be a mother in the coming year

Ever since Gaile and Leon got married, the media attention has always been focused on when they would have children. Yesterday, while attending a function, reporters noticed that Gaile has gained quite a few pounds and when asked, she smiles sweetly saying that there is a possibility that she would be a mother next year. She states that she is now thinking about having children even though she's not quite prepared for motherhood but she feels that the preparation is already coming together.

Gaile attended the brand Tsumori Chisat from I.T's fashion show yesterday wearing elegant tire as part of the function. The organizing committee of the show had planned to have her do a catwalk with a child but the child threw a tantrum and didn't want to follow through with the catwalk so Gaile had to complete the catwalk solo.



She had been in America for a few months and thus not received much media attention in Hong Kong. Because it had been awhile since her last appearance, she was seen to be full of energy yesterday, her figure definitely a little more plump, with the possibility of being pregnant more apparent than before. She explains that she had been to America for a few months to attend the high school graduation of her sister but did not mention whether her husband, Leon, had gone with her. "This time my family came along with me, so happy, and because of that also consumed lots more food." Reporters asked her how much weight she had gained and she said 5 kg, equivalent to 11 pounds. When asked whether she would go on a diet to take off the gained weight, she responded by saying that she wasn't thinking of shedding off the pounds as long as she was happy with her figure. "Now that I'm no longer actively participating as a model in shows, it's more difficult to lose weight and keep the figure I had from before and because I'm aging, being so skinny isn't necessary anymore." When asked if Leon prefers her to be skinny or plump, she responded that he doesn't really care as long as she was healthy and happy.

When asked about her plans for conceiving, Gaile said that she has been thinking about it and has been planning the steps one step at a time. She explains that she will have to at least lose some weight before conceiving because she understands that after giving birth it will be much harder to lose weight then. She admits that she's not ready yet but was close.

When speaking about the reports from days ago where there was mention that she was infertile, she commented that the reports were not doing her justice. "I don't know how to even begin talking about them (the reports). We haven't even started trying to conceive yet. The fact that these reports are coming out like this I really have no control over; where at one point they say I'm infertile while the next they say I'm pregnant. I just think it's rather cruel of people to write about me without even knowing me or by making things up that aren't even true." Gaile says that Leon hasn't really taken the reports to heart.

Asking whether having children brings her pressure. she responds by saying that there isn't any pressure because she hasn't even tried yet. "But when I become pregnant, I will definitely make it public as I am very truthful." (Are you impatient?) "No, I'm not, I can wait for a couple years"

No comments: