Nuffnang

Friday, May 23, 2008

Niki Gains Muscle While Filming

Thursday May 22, 2008 Hong Kong
credit:kingkongit27 @ http://asianfanatics.net/forums/

Niki Chow is currently in Lanzhou filming new series “Legend of the Book and Sword”. She continues to work hard on the series and was not influenced by the earthquake. Although Niki would have liked to attend Hong Kong’s earthquake relief show, she had to carry on working in Lanzhou. Niki stated that on the day before she headed off to Lanzhou she attended a World Vision fund-raise event. “This Sichuan earthquake has left a deep impact on me. Everyone should value the people and things around them. I am very lucky to be living in Hong Kong. Although my parents often worry about me due to working away from home. But I believe that the work arranged by the company is very safe. The cast will hold an fund-raising event in Lanzhou this week and of course I will be doing my best to fund-raise”.

In the new series there will be many martial art fighting scenes. Niki who plays the role “Fok Ching Tung” had been filming this series for over a month and already gained alot of muscle. “I may look tall and skinny but due to filming this series I have been learning martial arts and doing a lot of horse riding scenes. I have also gained alot of bicep muscle”. Niki had been doing a lot of wire-flying but she isn’t afraid of heights “It is very challenging because there are many different movements involved”. Niki feel’s that she had got healthier since filming this series. Every day she would wake up at 7am and sleep before 11pm. She would stay in her room surfing the internet and reading the script as there is nothing else to do. Therefore she feels that this has helped the cast concentrate on filming while being able to relax.

No comments: