Nuffnang

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hins Cheung Apologises for Angry Outburst


http://ol.mingpao.com/cfm/star5.cfm?File=2.../saa01/mac1.txt
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/
translated by dee-lush

Hins Cheung, who has been troubled with negative press recently, performed alongside Eric Suen and Wilber Pan on Monday night. Hins made headlines when he was late for the concert rehearsals on Sunday, after he began yelling and blaming his PR for his tardiness. When Monday night’s concert ended, the singer made an emotional apology on stage and disclosed that ‘principal’, Alan Tam, had had a word with him.

Hins commented, “I was too rash and blamed the wrong person. It has nothing to do with Metro, it was inner communication problems. In the past years, I have never been late so I felt that I lost something important. I was educated in Mainland China, where 30 minutes late is a lot, not to say how serious 45 minutes late is. It is a serious misjudgement to me, I have not been able to sleep well for two nights. Some newspapers have accused me of being angry because I did not have my make up done but as a man, I do not mind if I have my make up on or not.” Hins also firmly stated that he did not know that there were reporters on scene.

Hins then revealed that Alan Tam had talked to him about the incident. He said, “After reading what had happened ‘principal’ told me that as an artist, you must take responsibility for your punctuality regardless of the circumstances." Hins has been sick for the past few days and so, has been taking antibiotics and other medication, which have caused him to be easily disgruntled. Hins commented, “I knew something would happen on that day. Earlier, I had received an SMS from Ivana Wong accusing me of telling reporters that she is acting hard to get. She also said that she was extremely upset after reading the reports. When I received the message, I immediately telephoned her to explain but thankfully, she was just teasing me, she was not actually mad.”

No comments: