Nuffnang

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Miriam Yeung in shock as a tree falls on her car

Source: Takungpao
Translated by: kingkongit27 @ http://asianeu.net/forums/
Picture Source: on.cc

Yesterday while Miriam Yeung was going home, a tree suddenly collapsed and fell on her car. She responded to the media by saying "Thank you everyone, I am okay. Yesterday I went out with my friends to eat. When I was heading home the route I normally go by was under road construction. We stopped at the temporary red lights but within 5 seconds there was a loud bang. The whole front windscreen was covered by a tree and we could hardly see anything. Some small pieces of glass hit my driver but fortunately I was sitting in the back seat so wasn't hurt. During that time we didn't know what to do and was too afraid to leave the car in case something else might happen. Therefore my driver climbed over to the back seat and called the police. I would like to thank the Hong Kong police for turning up so fast as it was only a matter of minutes after we made the emergency call. The police helped us open the boot and asked us to climb out. When we were out of the car I was completely shocked by the damage it caused. The size of the tree managed to damage half of the car. In my mind I was thinking thankfully it wasn't me driving. If I was driving by myself maybe there would have been serious injuries."

Miriam states that to avoid her mother getting worried she didn't phone her during the time of the incident. "I only called my management company and they arranged someone to drive me home. When I got home I told my mother that it was a minor matter. But this morning my mother read the article in the newspaper about the incident and immediately asked me to do a worshipping. She claimed that I was very lucky to have not been injured in such an incident. However my driver was injured by small pieces of glass and even though he says its minor, I will still force him to have an check-up at the hospital in case he is still in shock."

No comments: