Nuffnang

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Linda Chung and Bernice Liu Earns Healthy Money


Credit: MetalAZNWarrior @ TVB Musings

Linda Chung Ka Yan and Bernice Liu Bik Yi are two of TVB’s most popular leading actresses and among the top earners.

Linda and Bernice are also both optimists.

Linda and Bernice, both are TVB leading ladies. The former repeatedly filmed movies and although she lost Hong Kong Film Award’s Best New Performer, she still earned quite a bit of money. The latter accepts many advertisements, becoming TVB’s highest earning female artist. However, both of them frankly say that they aren’t afraid of other TVB actresses being jealous. Furthermore, aside from sex appeal, they earned money in a healthy way.

Linda: Lots of people say that we earn lots of money. Actually, I don’t know how much money I earn because I give everything to my mommy to manage.

Bernice: Yeah! My money is also given to my family members to manage. I don’t understand how the media knows how much money we earn. I’m most afraid of them always saying that we depend on sex appeal to earn money. Actually, we don’t.

Linda: When talking about sex appeal, you have to consider the situation. Not every advertisement likes sexiness. Furthermore, the feeling that I give people is not sex appeal. My image is a good girl, not especially pretty and nothing special about my body. I’m not necessarily “sex appeal” material, but I have ‘fate’ (appeal) with the audience. It’s possibly because of this that I can earn so many advertisements.

Bernice: I agree. Advertisement companies choose us not only because of sex appeal, but there are also many other factors. Perhaps it’s because I know how to dance and sing. Furthermore, I give everyone a happy feeling. I think that this is the main reason.

Linda: Yes! I also think your image is very cheery, you always smile, giving people a ‘good clever girl’ feeling. Besides your own image, your characters from series can also help [you earn money]. Do you agree?

Destiny from Virtues of Harmony
Bernice: Definitely agree. When I first entered the industry, I filmed Virtues of Harmony for two-and-a-half years. Until now, there are still people who call me “Princess”. I depended on this role to break through [into the industry] and it made for a great foundation for my future career.

Linda: It turns out we both depended on Virtues to break through because my first series was the modern version of Virtues. However, the role that caused people to leave a deep impression of me would have to be Heart of Greed’s “Seung Joi Sum”. This role really did a lot for me and allowed me to earn a lot of money, even filming movies.

Bernice: That’s why earning money has lots of factors. It’s not necessarily sex appeal to earn money.

These two new leading ladies after appearing [in the industry] for only a few years, already became “money earning” empresses. This evokes jealousy in people; would this cause other actresses [their colleagues] to be envious?

Bernice: How will it? Every artist has a different path. It’s not for money.

Linda: If it’s for money, you shouldn’t join the entertainment industry. You should go to finances.

Bernice: Yeah, the majority of artists join the entertainment industry because of interest. It’s like me when I was filming Steps, I was hospitalized two times. If it was because of money, I wouldn’t do it.

Doesn’t believe cause people to be jealous
Linda: I don’t think I have anything for people to be jealous about. I also never thought about becoming a rich wife, but I think that I really am lucky. Honestly, from my personality, it’s really hard to be in the entertainment industry. Luckily, I have good fortune. I don’t think about whether anyone’s jealous of me. I only do what’s best for myself.

Bernice: Also, money can’t possibly all be earned. We don’t have all of the money. There are lots of opportunities to earn money out there, so why would anyone be jealous?

Linda: I am also not greedy! If I have to choose, I would rather be happy. I am jealous of other people who have love. That’s why when other people look well upon me, I look well upon them!

No comments: