Wednesday, February 25, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
http://www.mingpaowe...100226/mba1.htm
Translation: llwy12@ http://asianfanatics.net
The film <
> is one of the opening films for the 34th annual Hong Kong International Film Festival this year. During an event yesterday, the film’s lead actor Jacky Cheung indicated that in the film, he does have some intimate scenes with actress Maggie Cheung [Ho Yee], but very limited. Jacky also revealed that his wife May Lo would not allow him to ‘go too far’ for the sake of filming a movie.
The 34th annual HK International Film Festival will take place from March 21st to April 6th . Yesterday, <> director Ivy Ho, along with the film’s stars Jacky Cheung, Maggie Cheung, and Paw Hee Ching attended a press conference to announce the film’s participation in the festival. The film’s lead actress Tang Wei was not present at the press conference due to work, however she will be attending the official opening ceremony and red carpet event next month.
In the film, Maggie plays the role of Jacky’s former girlfriend and Tang Wei plays his current girlfriend – Jacky laughs and indicates that in addition, he also has some intimate scenes with Maggie. He says: “The 2 of us have some intimate bed scenes, however rest assured that nothing happened!” (How about with Tang Wei?) “Even worse! Nothing [no intimate scenes] at all!” He revealed that he actually watched Tang Wei and Tony Leung’s <> only several days ago on pay TV. Asked about Tony’s steamy scenes with Tang Wei in the film and whether he would be willing to make the same ‘sacrifice’ for film, Jacky said: “I don’t have that type of courage…plus I don’t have Tony’s body or looks either.” Asked whether his wife May Lo would allow him to do such scenes, Jacky replied: “She wouldn’t actually say ‘no’ out loud, but I know in her heart she would not approve. Tony’s situation is different from mine – he is a full-time actor whose focus is almost entirely on acting, whereas I’m a singer [who occasionally does acting], so there is no need for me to go to such extremes. It has nothing to do with maintaining a certain image as a singer, rather it’s just that I have a second option for making money (singing).” Jacky also praised Tang Wei for being a very hard working and smart actress.
With regard to the ban on Tang Wei in China being lifted, which allows the film < to be seen in that country, Jacky expressed that he did not know about Tang Wei being ‘banned’ in China: “I heard rumors, but didn’t know if they were true or not; regardless, I am very happy that the film is allowed to be broadcast in the theaters in mainland China.” Asked if he would be going to China to promote the film, Jacky jokingly replied: “In terms of that [mainland promotion of the film], I’ll let Tang Wei take care of it!”
HK Film Awards Best Actress Paw Hee Ching, who plays Jacky’s mother in the film, says that Jacky has a humorous personality. When Jacky heard this, he playfully replied: “That means I’m very funny and silly!” As for Maggie, she indicated that both on the outside and within, Jacky is equally friendly and amiable.
No comments:
Post a Comment