Nuffnang

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Charlene Choi: "As long as you’re not dead, then one day you will have a chance"


Source: Ming Pao | Ming Pao | Ming Pao
Translated by: edisonLOVEScharlene & Mutts. @ http://asianfanatics...dex.php?act=idx


Twins have never broken up

Twins have separated for two years and recently have the opportunity to reunite, “SaGill” on April 16 at Hong Kong Coliseum. Holding a 2 day , it's a symbol of the two people walking side-by-side. Ah Sa said, “We will soon be able to sing together again. For the past 2 years, I initially gained confidencet and was already used to appearing as ‘Two Without One’. However, I hope that with Ah Gill, everyone is ready for us, as it is the appropriate time for our reunion. Mainly, it is for the fans who have accompanied us as we grew over the years. Twins represents a timeless brand; therefore, Twins will never break up.”

Ah Sa and Ah Gill had previously been separated, but Ah Sa has never blamed Ah Gill. However, it took her a full year before she was able to overcome the “heart’s evil spirit” (fear) of standing alone on stage to sing.


“Solo” – One Day

“Sometimes, I’ll re-read my previous interviews, and I noticed that I really did over-think. Like I would be thinking: "How would the road ahead look like? Why am I so anxious? Without out Ah Gill, will I not be able to sing?" In fact, as long as you’re not dead, then one day you will have a chance. That day, if I had been too afraid and didn't release my Album, I wouldn't have walked this path; I wouldn't have known that there is a large sky that awaits. So when won the , I was excited and wanted to thank everyone. In the past, Twins had always had good results, the awards were always very predictable, I never thought that one day we’ll lose; but now I know and I’m happier the original has regained.”


Refuse to live like an idiot

9 years ago, Ah Sa stepped into the entertainment world and her life turned into a “work notice table.” She lived every day based on the arrangements of the notification for work, there were no statutory holidays, and even loss of personal time. However, whenever she has three days without a job, she would worry about whether she is no longer popular, or will her company abandon her? Is the audience bored of her? Last year, Ah Sa suddenly realized the important of health.


Having vacation like normal people

“I used to fear that the paparazzi will photograph me, so during my free time, I would just stay home and spend most of the time sleeping. Now, I just do normal things! I had let myself loose, because I no longer have a fear of being photographed. If I’m not filming a movie all night, then I’ll go hiking or I'll have a meal with friends who I haven’t seen for a long time or take a family member out for some tea - just have a good time."

The lives of many artists cannot do without an assistant, because the things they used to take care of are now being handled by their assistant. Ah Sa also thinks that she has this tendency to almost live life as an idiot, fortunately, it was Louis Koo who woke her. “Earlier I was working with Louis Koo in . He said as an actor, there must be life experiences for you to be able to adapt; how can I live like an idiot? If you don't know what is happening in the world, so then how can you interpret the real emotions? I think that for 9 years, I worked incessantly, but it is indeed my fault, and I’m really thankful for Louis’ words that have woken me. Therefore, I started to restore my life.”


Incompetent Girlfriend

In the world of love, we felt that Ah Sa is very single-minded, come and go and there is always Ronald Cheng; even her love affair with Wu Chun didn’t affect the “Young Sweetheart”. However, this time when mentioning Ronald Cheng to Ah Sa, she did not smile sweetly. The photographer asked if she wants to see what Ronald Cheng talked about on Valentine’s Day, Ah Sa said coldly, “There is no need to let me look.”

Suddenly, it gives the idea that the two have split, right? So a direct question: (Did you break up with him…?) Ah Sa didn’t give a direct answer, she only said, “I don't think I'm that worthy of a girlfriend, I know what problems I'll have, but there's no way for me to change right now.” (So the boyfriend is not understanding, right?) “I really love to work, in my life; there are many things that I must do that are of greater importance in this time period. If I had to rank it, I would certainly rank work first followed by family, then boyfriend. I’d like to try new things in life to gain the experience, make friends and I focus lightest on love. To this, I know that not everyone can understand, so I won't ask for the other individual to be this and that." (So you’re single at the moment?) “In my position, I have always refused to talk about it; I can only say that when I’m 35 and if I had found the right person, then I’ll decide on marriage. However at the moment, love is not my first priority and it is not really important."


P.S

Today, Ah Sa visited City Plaza to shoot pictures, and she happily asked the staff to accompany her to go ice skating. Ah Sa is EEG’s “Golden Egg,” so of course, everyone was afraid that she might get hurt, but Ah Sa is a kid at heart, “Don’t be afraid la! I used to live in Kangshan and when school was out, I’d always go ice skating.” (How old were you at the time?) “I was in my teen years!” Finally her assistant decided to accompany her for ice skating, Ah Sa was indeed very happy. She said: "I am basically a very easygoing person, and sometimes when work is done early, I’ll go back to the hotel room to enjoy a can of Coca-Cola. While drinking Coca-Cola and resting, I can easily forget all the unhappy things.

No comments: