Nuffnang

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Joey Yung Celebrates Mother’s Day With Mum and Mani


Joey Celebrates Mother’s Day With Mum and Mani

credits to rsung @ joeygalaxy for the translations

Yesterday, it was Mother’s Day and music industry’s heavenly queen, Joey Yung, especially saw this as an important event. Several months ago, she had already applied to take time off work so she could take Mani and her mum to a restaurant to celebrate. Additionally, many filial sons and daughters in the entertainment industry also thought long and hard on ways to may their mothers happy.

Joey, who grew up in a single-parent family, together with her brother were both brought up by their mother. Therefore, Joey especially loves her mother and even if she was extremely busy, she would still take time to be with her mum. The night before, Joey had to attend the Po Leung charity show and the next day, she had to wake up early to go shopping with her mum. At 2pm, she arranged to meet Mani and the rest of her family at a restaurant (called 福臨門) to celebrate and to fully experience the joys of being a happy family. The boss of H2O, 余麗絲, was also present (pictured in the second pic at the bottom of this post).

Yesterday, when reporters contacted Joey about the celebration, Joey said “I’m a big girl now and I’m becoming more considerate. I’m hoping to treasure the time that I’m spending with my mum. Today, I’ve given all 24hrs over to my mum and I was happy to do whatever she liked. Actually, my mum has always like simple things so, today, we walked and went shopping. (Did you buy a house or jewellery for her?) All my income is given to my mum. She already has everything!”. Joey said she’s given a large red money packet (lai see) to Mani and her mum but she also wants to give her mum another surprise: “There is also a secret present but I can’t talk about it”. In addition, Mani said that Joey has bought her a pair of sunglasses because she treats Mani like a “second mother”.

No comments: