Nuffnang

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Chapman To: Haven’t Owed Money in 15 Years; Rumoured to be Property Owner Despite Owing HK$10 Millions


Credits: Serena @ http://asian-gossip.blogspot.com

Chapman To: Haven’t Owed Money in 15 Years; Rumoured to be Property Owner Despite Owing HK$10 Millions

Chapman To allegedly owes HK$10 millions and still owns real estate property. He and his wife Kristal Tin is moving from a large property to a small property which indicates their financial predicament.

Yesterday, a magazine article pointed out that Chapman owes Peter Lam and Alfred Yeung a combined total of HK$9 million. Luckily, Andy Lau is forgetting about past bygones and lent Chapman HK$1 million to help with the financial woes. Kristal is standing by Chapman and willing to work through the hard times.

Yesterday, reporters wanted to confirm with Chapman about his million dollars debt and need to borrow money to get through daily life. Chapman denied his debt and said: “If the debt rumours were true, I would mind it. But I don’t mind these rumours.” Chapman expressed that he hasn’t owe his friends money for nearly 15 years. Stories about his creditor on his doorstep were made up. The one only true thing was his property was in Harbour Place.

Is your wife, Kristal Tin, unhappy about the rumours? Chapman said he married a good wife. He said: “She is the best there is. She isn’t unhappy about the rumours.” Do you owe Andy millions of dollars? Chapman said: “There is a lot of negative news lately. I know who my true friend is. There are a lot of people who support and love me. Andy is definitely a true friend and I am grateful to him.”

Chapman rented a 3000 feet luxury house in Kadoorie Hill from Andy. Last year, Andy took back the property and Chapman bought a 559 feet property at Harbour Place. He moved from a spacious to a small place. Chapman said: “I lived in a 1000 feet property and I really can’t afford to buy a luxury house. At the start of last year, my friend said the real estate market was hot. I rented properties for 30 years and felt that it was time to buy in.” Chapman can’t believe that he has negative news surrounding him even though he bought property.

Chapman supposedly offended a lot of people. He has a lot less work than his glory days. Now, he is relying on Kristal’s TV series to help out with living cost. He said: “My work hasn’t stopped. I just finished the movie “Lady Cop and Papa Crook” and I will film a new movie directed by Herman Yau. I may have a chance to produce a movie this year.”

No comments: